Thursday, June 18, 2009

Trail Rides!

This week has been great! Cookout was very successful last night, all of the units had Tacos, Burritos, Taco Salad, or something along those lines. We didn't have our sleepout because of how cold it has been up here. It is summer right? June? Ok, just checking. The cooler days have been great though!

Last night I played elbow tag and then stargazed with the Greenwood campers. Today I enjoyed Parachute games and learned some Kung Fu with the Hiker Chic's in Frontier. The Trailblazers were busy blazing their first trail this morning, followed by Jr Equestrian, Hoofbeats, Saddle Up, and Horsin' Around. I also saw some crazy looking counselors at lunch today that the campers had dressed for our "Dress Your Counselor" lunch. I don't see too many of our campers with bright future careers as fashion designers!!

Tomorrow we're saying farewell to our one-week groups, many who have bravely conquered homesickness and hopefully had as much fun as it appears. Our two-week campers are gearing up for a weekend full of hikes, trail rides, a color wars all-camp, scouts own, and more!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like a great week!! I am jealous, wish I could be up there with all the kids having a blast:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lot of fun.
    What a great idea to give some news about the campers and the activities. My kid is staying two weeks and I really appreciate the update.
    Have a great second week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter's not big on writing... must be having too much fun. Great to hear how everything's going up there. Thanks for all you guys do to positively impact out children's live. Glenda Baldree

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Blog is such a GREAT IDEA! My daughter is there for the third year and is attending the 2 week hoofbeats session. It is awesome to hear a little about what is going on - I had no idea it was so cold up there. It sounds like so much fun. Even though I did receive a letter from my daughter, this blog will really help me to remember what a great time she is having and all the friends and memories she is making! Thanks for taking the time to do it!!!

    ReplyDelete